Performs research and analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for mobile audio/video products. Designs circuits, circuit boards, devices and systems. Develops test plans, performs stress and performance tests on a variety of hardware devices including circuit boards, wiring and completed products.
- Highly motivated individual, willing to go the extra mile.
- Comfortable multi tasking, performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of a range of technical products and systems.
- Performs evaluations relating to potential projects.
- Analyses and recommends design improvements during development process, recommends changes to existing designs to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Uses experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A high degree of creativity is expected.
- Provide product support to internal departments as well as occasional direct customer contact.
- Experience with analog and digital video camera design.
- Experience with digital video hardware, transport systems and compression hardware.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting DC power supplies.
- Schematic capture, PCB layout and board design (Altium experience is preferred).
- Proficiency with both Analog and Digital circuit design.
- Generate required drawings and documentation for testing, manufacturing, product specification etc.
- Performs Design Verification testing, assure product quality by developing and executing test plans prior to release
- A good understanding of packaging techniques.
- Thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting logic and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with programmable logic and FPGA design.
- Experience designing embedded products.
- Microcontroller design and firmware (Microchip preferred).
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to clearly and effectively summarize and present results and conclusions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products required.
- Familiarity with RF, and techniques used to mitigate EMI.
- Participates in the creation of project plans and project cost estimations.
- Candidate will have designed and successfully released at least 5 products to production.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT & OTHER:
- Lab testing and failure analysis
- Experience using electrical test equipment, Scopes, Meters, Analyzers etc.
- Component substitution or replacement
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless networks.
- Familiarity with WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee is a plus.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP is a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
Forward Resumes to email@example.com