Support Engineer @ US Headquarters
Summary: Serves as primary support to all in-house operations; plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing instrumentation, investigating and resolving customer reports of problems with instruments, and minimize future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
This is a direct hire opportunity, full benefit package, will strongly consider recent college graduate with no prior experience.
• Installs and maintains in-house instrumentation including, but not limited to: customer, hotline, sales demo/evaluation, RUO (research-use only) and customer and service training analyzers. Also provides emergency backup to the field to maintain PM schedules and for curative maintenance.
• Analyzes and distributes TSB’s and TAB’s received from ASA. Tracks and trends completion percentage.
• Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and performs repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
• Provides general office logistics support.
• Provides a communication link between customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
• Demonstrates proper operation and trains end users of company instruments.
• Timely completion of preventative maintenance procedures.
• Documents and records information to be included in the repair records in accordance with company policies, SOPs, and regulatory agencies.
• Develops and provides analysis to ASA of top 50 highest service activity instruments.
• Maintains the measurement equipment calibration log, and organizes the circulation and maintenance of measurement equipment assigned to the field support and in-house operations.
• Participates in departmental committees and assists with evaluations, tests, and investigations.
• Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged instrumentation to determine nature and scope of problem.
• Coordinates problem resolution within Field Support Group, sales and other personnel to expedite repairs.
• Responsible for effective management of company provided resources including parts and tools.
• Back-up to Service Asset Coordinator.
• Must have knowledge of Database and Internet software; Windows NT and DOS.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of this organization.
• Ability to travel occasionally to support field service activity in US and Canada.
Education & Requirements:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or a certificate from a Technical/Military School in a related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field from four-year college or university preferred. No experience required.
• Current Driver’s License, Valid passport required.
forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org