POSITION TITLE: Vice President, Health Systems DEPARTMENT: Sales
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
POSITION SUPERVISED BY: Vice President of Sales
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None at this Time
The Vice President of Health Systems position is responsible for development, execution, and communication of Corporate Account Strategic Plan for assigned GPOs, IDNs, and key customers (i.e. Corporate Accounts). Account responsibilities will be driven by strategic consideration as it relates to strategic GPO importance, revenue and member compliance vs. Participation. This person will focus on developing new business opportunities, employing innovative contracting strategies and value propositions aimed at leveraging improved quality, improved patient satisfaction and reduced costs to obtain system-wide agreements.
DEVELOP & IMPLEMENT CORPORATE ACCOUNTS’ STRATEGIC PLAN: (50%)
- Responsible for achieving sales, profits and growth targets of Corporate Accounts (CA).
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities in the Corporate Accounts and turn them into mutual business improvements (utilization, standardization).
CLIENT ENGAGEMENT: (25%)
- Build long term and effective relationships at high hierarchy levels.
- Determine a vision and strategic direction for the organization’s relationship with the selected Corporate Accounts.
REPORTING & ANALYSIS: (25%)
- Determine quarterly performance of CA: actual sales vs. targeted performance.
- Assist in new product positioning, pricing strategies, and marketing strategies.
- Meet or exceed assigned Corporate Account targets for profitable sales volume.
- Meet or exceed $20M in Operating Income in CY15.
- Setting and implementing strategies, providing clear direction to the Sales Team as to what needs to be executed; developing and implementing best practices at the Corporate Account level.
- Utilizing analytic tools to measure performance of Corporate Accounts; identify trends, business opportunities and process improvement.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and Advanced Excel skills
Knowledge of the medical industry, IDN’s, RPC’s, distribution and GPO’s required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of 7 years of experience working with IDN’s, distribution and key accounts.
Minimum of 10 years of successful sales management experience with proven leadership skills and documented success.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: • Comprehensive knowledge and experience of healthcare systems and distribution channels, and the sale of multiple product categories into the healthcare system.
- Demonstrated ability to close large Health System contracts. Strong negotiation, presentation & collaboration skills in addition to those skills required to manage a cross functional team.
- Must be results oriented, convey a sense of urgency and able to press for closure and timely accomplishment of objectives.
- A customer focused individual; able to understand customer needs and develop and implement creative solutions to maximize growth and new business development.
- Must have the ability to manage, lead, guide and motivate sales teams using a defined selling process that is multi-level and high value in nature to deliver exponential growth in revenue and profits.
- Ability to work with mathematical problems relating to sales volumes, RFP’s and pricing proposals.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
Heavy Travel Required Significant travel is required for this role (50-75%)
May meet with customers in a healthcare setting
Forward Resumes to: email@example.com