Training and Development Manager:
To qualify for this position you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in areas such as; Liberal Arts, Labor and Employment Relations, or Training & Development required. MBA Preferred.
- 15+ years of experience as a Training Manager, preferably for a financial institution. The ability to manage, lead and direct all training functions including sales, service, technology, employee development and universal bank training. Previous supervisory experience required and experience with sales training preferred.
- The ability to develop, design and implement training initiatives, courses, and existing programs based on the Bank’s strategic objectives. Ability to interact with all areas of the Bank to determine training needs. The ability to provide guidance and leadership to all trainers including other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that are used for training within the Bank.
- The ability to oversee and lead the administration of all Bank development programs including the Associate, Leadership and Career Development programs. Strong coaching and mentorship skills are essential to develop participants throughout the program and monitor their progress.
- Relevant knowledge of banking products, services, and regulations. Proficiency with the use of the entire MS-Office Suite as well as software used to facilitate training initiatives and knowledge of web based tools to deliver webinars, web based meetings, etc.
- Excellent administrative, processing and implementation skills as well as a high degree of flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentations to Senior Management.
TRAINING and DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SUMMARY: Delivers oversight and leadership for the Training Department activities and staff. Oversees all training efforts of the Bank including; Sales, Service, Employee Development, Technology and Retail operations. Researches and analyzes the training needs of the Bank. Formulates and implements training plans, procedures and schedules. Develops and designs courses. Administers and manages the Leadership Development Program (LDP), the Career Development Program (CDP) and the Associates Development Program (ADP). Keeps current on training trends and changes in the banking industry as they relate to the strategic initiatives of the Bank.
|% OF TIME|
|1.||Oversees and manages the Training and Development activities and staff including Sales, Service, Employee Development, Technology and Retail operations. Assists trainers in designing and developing training courses and approves final product. Schedules staff, motivates, counsels and disciplines staff as needed. Exercises the usual authority of a manager including performance appraisals and salary recommendations. Demonstrates a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.||20%|
|2.||Coordinates and manages the Sales Training efforts of the Bank. Works closely with Retail Banking and interacts with Managers of customer contact departments to assign, deliver and facilitate sales training and assists managers to monitor results.||20%|
|3.||Researches and analyzes training needs of the Bank through data received from surveys, on site visits, new Bank regulations and requests based on the strategic initiatives of the Bank. Studies data to determine exact needs and formulates training plans to solve business problems through improved skill, knowledge or attitude change.||10%|
|4.||Designs and writes training classes according to need and requests. Monitors effectiveness of training programs. Redesigns, updates or discontinues as needed.||10%|
|5.||Instructs all levels of leadership and management classes including front-line, middle and senior level training courses. Defines need, develops course syllabus and plans logistics. Sets up training room for class.||10%|
|6.||Administers Management and Leadership Development programs including LDP, CDP and ADP. Plans monthly LDP and ADP meetings and quarterly CDP meetings with the Human Resources Manager. Coordinates Associates’ schedules throughout various divisions/departments with the EVPs and SVPs. Meets with the ADP Associates monthly to monitor and review progress.||10%|
|7.||Coordinates monthly in-house training schedule to reflect course curriculums for division level Core Curriculums. Delegates classes to trainers and schedules courses appropriately.||5%|
|8.||Keeps updated and informed on training topics and trends within Banking and the training industry through reading, attendance at Training and Banking related seminars. Maintains qualifications as internal Administrator of Edcomm, ABA and WebEx.||5%|
|9.||Examines financial needs of Training Department. Prepares budget and submits figures and supporting data to EVP, Human Resources for approval.||3%|
|10.||Coordinates any outside training activities (tours, BSA presentations, Managers’ Seminars, etc.) upon request.||3%|
|11.||Maintains involvement with internal or outside committees and organizations necessary for the betterment of the Training Department such as CFT, ABA, ASTD and Bank Trainer forums.||2%|
|12.||Performs other job related duties as may be assigned.||2%|
Forward Resumes to: email@example.com