As part of Supply Chain Management team and reporting directly to Director of Supply Chain management, the SOURCING MANAGER is responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing initiatives covering all goods and services procured to support the company.
The primary focus will be to lead and develop strategies to ensure our supply base meets/exceeds our current and future needs. As well as supporting the current product range and new innovations by evaluating, qualifying and maintaining suppliers supporting Brand Management in sourcing new products, vendor management and contract negotiation.
SOURCING MANAGER interacts cross functionally with Product Development, Marketing, Engineering , Quality, Supply Chain Management, suppliers and affiliated sourcing offices to lead the collaborative development of New Product ideas that leads the strategy development , planning and execution for in-line product improvements and pipeline products across Sales Channels.
Responsible for the sourcing of current and future implements, and packaging components used in the products. Lead supplier selection, cost reductions, contract negotiation, standardization of materials, and value analysis. Ensure lowest possible cost is achieved by proactively managing supply chain roadmaps while ensuring the highest level of quality and responsiveness to customer requirements. Ensure compliance with all related Regulations requirements. Own and report on product COGS, supplier performance, and other key metrics. Develop best in class partnerships with our strategic component, packaging and Finished Goods suppliers and contract manufacturing partners. Ensure product availability for new product introductions and sustaining production. Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Working cross functionally with Product Development, marketing, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain Management to achieve optimal balance between cost, delivery, and quality of the products.
- Focused and deadline-driven, as the Sourcing Manager, you must have superb communication skills and the ability to make sound decisions in a fast-moving environment.
- Listens well and seeks input from others.
- Must ensure that suppliers are delivering a high quality product with time specifications.
- Collaborate, partner and develop synergies with sister companies for procurement function.
- An integral part of this role will involve developing strong, long-term relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Establish a scorecard program to evaluate supplier performance and recommend changes to address any issues.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities with legacy products and identifying new suppliers for new product development. Consistently deliver cost reductions year after year.
- Deliver improvements by freeing up capital by extending supplier payment terms and assisting in the planning function to reduce inventory levels.
- Making continuous improvements to operations through the sourcing supply chain, you will create initiatives to reduce spend, improve the value of products and maintain supply sources.
- Ensuring legal compliance within the supply chain function
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, ideally with a Master’s in business or a related discipline
- At least five years’ experience within the consumer products, pharmaceutical or medical device industries, or a related field with at least one year with International sourcing experience.
- Previous experience sourcing for cosmetic tools, packaging and logistic contracts and contract manufacturing suppliers.
- Extensive experience negotiating complex supplier agreements.
- Strong understanding of the supplier manufacturing process and engineering documentation.
- Aggressive in setting supplier metrics and ensuring that they are adhered to in terms of cost, delivery, and quality.
- Ability to travel up to 60% both domestic and internationally.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Knowledge of ERP and/or MRP systems would be beneficial.