Regional Sales Manager
Essential Job Function: Sell products and services offered by client and affiliated companies to customers/accounts within assigned territory. 25-40% overnight travel (within the US, Canada & Puerto Rico) and 25-40% local travel (within NJ, NY, PA, CT, MD, DE) is required. Occasional international travel required. Represent Company and affiliated companies at assigned trade shows. Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
General Information: B.S. Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical preferred). Competent sales professional with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in sales (capital equipment or pharmaceutical industry related experience preferred). Excellent organizational & communication skills as well as a strong technical aptitude. Personable, self motivated, assertive and the ability to be a team player. Computer literate & able to utilize standard email, work processing, spreadsheet, contact management & ERP/accounting software (MS Outlook, MS Office, Goldmine & Navision/Dynamics preferred). Time management skills & the ability to excel in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Sell products and services offered by Client & our affiliated companies to accounts within an assigned territory and to other assigned accounts.
- Visit existing and potential customers to identify sales opportunities & customer requirements, recommendation products & services to meet customer needs, address customer service issues, identify key customer contacts & decision makers and develop business relationships within assigned territory and at assigned accounts.
- Develop relationships with equipment users & key decision makers in development, clinical manufacturing, technical services, production, engineering and purchasing.
- Actively manage & personally handle the sales cycle from initial inquiry to order placement. Includes management of the technical & commercial discussion with the customer, ongoing communication with the customer, product & proposal presentations, revisions of proposals and negotiation of contract/purchase terms & conditions.
- Develop proposals/quotations in conjunction with technical staff for process equipment, engineered equipment, spare parts and engineering support services as appropriate based upon direct communication and interaction with customers in the development of system specification and design. Refine proposals/quotations as needed and close sales orders.
- Ensure that the commercial & contractual terms of sale for all customer orders are consistent with company policies & guidelines.
- Develop customer loyalty through assisting and communicating customer problems & services issues to the appropriate departments/customer service areas.
- Manage key accounts for the Group and key accounts for as assigned.
- Identify and explore sales leads from various sources through telephone contact and direct face to face meetings.
- Coordinate and conduct presentations on products and technologies to existing and prospective customers.
- Develop a solid understanding and knowledge of the core process technologies associated with the process equipment lines manufactured Group.
- Develop presentations on products and technology as needed for particular customer projects and as assigned.
- Identify new customers and opportunities for product & services through professional networking, attendance at trade shows & industry meetings and hosting customer’s visiting facility.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, as needed to effect sales & customer service responsibilities.
- Coordinate communication between US & overseas sales teams/sales agents as maybe required for sales opportunities outside of market territory as maybe required.
- Prepare sales reports on all customer contact as per departmental guidelines.
- Submit expense reports, as required, displaying a prudent use of company funds and operating within company travel & expense guidelines.
- Manage customer information, as per departmental guidelines, including the use and maintenance of data within a customer relationship management database.
- Represent Company & affiliated companies at assigned trade shows.
- Participate in sponsored seminars.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled sales meetings.
- Actively participate in management of projects as directed by project management guidelines and sales management.
- Work to assure that all activities between Company and assigned accounts maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Report information on current market activity, trends and competitive information to sales management.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Forward Resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org