Quality Assurance Analyst
The overall purpose of this position is to ensure that quality software products are delivered. The incumbent in this position is primarily responsible for certification. on supported applications. He/She is expected to ensure all inadequacies in software, processes, or standards are brought to management attention for remediation. The role typically reports to a Manager, Quality Assurance.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance and direction to project team, ensuring that proper QA procedures and practices are implemented.
- Participate in requirements review; release planning, elaboration and sprint planning to understand requirements/user stories.
- Ensure projects presented for Quality Assurance (QA) review contains properly documented test plans and follows defined methodology.
- Assist project manager/ScrumMaster in development of project plans/sprint plans including time/cost estimates and deliverable dates.
- Create test scenarios/test plans for any software and hardware upgrade. Distribute test plan to programmers, project manager/ScrumMaster and business team for their feedback. Update test plan to accommodate team’s suggestions. Ensure that test plans have covered all scenarios and user requirements are met.
- Prepare QA tasks/test cases and execute them for Quality Assurance certification of projects.
- Provide testing reports in status meetings.
- Participate in technical design & code review to ensure that implementation is per requirements.
- Implement, maintain, and run automated scripts using Ruby for regression testing and LoadRunner for performance testing.
- Handle defect management using Jira/GreenHopper product.
- Analyze defects, advice and recommend changes as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics or Engineering is required.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a software quality assurance field or in a software development related field. Minimum 2-3 years of experience in automation testing tools (QTP, Ruby) is required.
Skills & Other Requirements:
- He/she must be a technologically savvy knowledge worker who seeks out technology solutions to business challenges.
- Knowledge of testing techniques and development processes for Web applications.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools is must.
- Knowledge of project lifecycle for traditional waterfall and Scrum methodology is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby Language as well as RubyGems such as bundler, cucumber, headless, nokogiri is needed.
- Must have experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD or TDD).
- Experience translating user stories to cucumber scenarios/features is required. Experience with integration test automation tools with Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, cruisecontrol, travis CI and webdrivers (selenium/watir-webdriver) is a plus. Jmeter experience will be helpful. Must possess proficiency in English in order to convey technical problems to non-technical personnel.
- Must be proficient in English reading, writing and presentation skills not only for communication purposes but also to read technical documents and to create test strategies and plans.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with people in contentious situations. Daily interaction with development staff and other QA team members is required.
Forward Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org