Job Description Objective
Serving as primary liaison, between the company and multiple concurrent customer projects having primary responsibility for all project management tasks. This role will also encompass developing, managing, and communicating detailed project plans to ensure that tasks are completed on time, within budget, and meet or exceed specifications.
B. Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/ responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Rank of Importance % Allocation Description
#1 30% Develop and maintain project timelines and resources during length of project according to corporate plan. Ensures that billable projects remain on schedule and within budget. Remains aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate risks; facilitating change order procedures as needed. Monitors project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members.
#2 30% Establish effective communication with other departments in order to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and effective manner. Interface with customer and internal project resources to convey project issues and gain status. Maintain customer satisfaction with consistent communication with all external and internal project resources.
#3 25% Compile monthly invoicing reports for each assigned project and associated resources. Compile monthly project status reports and distribute to the associated customer, Manager and central files. Maintain constant communication with the sales team regarding the status of the implementation and the overall satisfaction of the customer. Ensure a thorough and successful hand-off of projects to support, post implementation and acceptance.
#4 15% Interface with Professional Service Managers on project issues including timelines, resource allocations and project issues.
Project Manager responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
• Develop and implement communication programs to ensure expectations and deadlines are clearly
understood from initiation through delivery.
• Identify system and human resource requirements by working with managers and individual
departments to ensure availability of required resources.
• Manage day-to-day project communication with clients and project team members, develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and manage project-related expectations.
• Assist with customer site audits in gathering the necessary project information.
• Collaborating with customers and communicate to the project team on project issues, concerns, schedules of deliveries and completion estimates.
• Development and maintenance of a Microsoft project plan for each assigned project concentrating on milestones.
• Providing project documentation, including meeting agendas, monthly reports, meeting follow-ups, and any other identified communication documentation deemed necessary in the project
• Instigating and following change order procedures as needed.
• Maintaining the communication channels between the internal project team and the customer project team.
C. Job Qualifications Necessary
• Bachelors degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area. 3-5 years of experience interfacing with customers in a project management role, 2-3 years of IT project management experience.
• In depth knowledge of Microsoft Project. Project management experience to include project planning
and initiation, risk management, critical success factors, project change control, issues management,
status reporting, and post-project assessment.
• Must possess strong communication, documentation and organizational skills
• Other desirable skills include: Client-Server application experience, Oracle and SQL Server administration, Database Design, domain knowledge of laboratory practices and experience in a programming environment.
• PMI Certification is also desirable.
Forward resumes to email@example.com