Procurement Specialist / Buyer
- Sources and purchases machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives. Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes. Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules. Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment and maintains necessary records. May prepare bid packages.
- KNOWLEDGE: Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards. General application of concepts, and principles.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- DISCRETION/LATITUDE: Works under only very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- IMPACT: Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
- LIAISON: Frequent internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects.
- WORK PRODUCTS: (Examples may include but are not limited to) Prepare proposal requests consistent with the requirements of the contract. Develop new sources of supply based on quality product, on-time delivery and competitive pricing. Solicit and award purchase orders consistent with the requirements of the contract.
3+ years of directly related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business or a related field. Intermediate MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MRP system skills. Knowledge of Contract Law and other Procurement regulations.
Experience with buying and knowledge of supply chain and how it works. Understanding of FAR’s and DFARs. Ability to use Microsoft Office. Understanding of ITAR and export requirements. Must be approachable and be able to communicate with internal and external customers.
Forward Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org