Credit & Deduction Correspondent
To help maintain timely payments from Customers on Sales invoices based upon terms of sale set. Increase A/R turnover and minimize bad debt losses. Identify and support chargeback resolution and analysis in a timely and efficient manner due to the continual growing number of monthly customer deductions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
This position will interact with internal and external customers, based upon necessity of past dues invoices and deduction documentation, including but not limited to Customers, New York Distribution (Warehouse and Shipping), Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, Brokers, etc.
DATA ENTRY & INTEGRITY:
- Deduction Resolution for Consumer Customer accts.; validate deductions to completion to clear off Customer account, which will require research, communication and follow-up skills.
- Process Return Goods; identify chargeback for Freight Claims, A/R Journal Entries, Account Reconciliation and Open Statements to A/R Customers.
- Back up support -Cash Application Posting
REPORTING & ANALYSIS:
- Responsible for compiling and completing spreadsheets on completed/processed customer chargeback deductions.
- Responsible for all , Contract and specific Customers on the Accounts Receivable aging, which include contacting customers on overdue invoices relating to Open invoices and/or Deductions.
- Interact with internal and external customers on findings and help coordinate proactive plan of action on customer deductions and Past Due open issues.
- Customer Service Expertise
AS400 a plus
Assist in Month end/Year End close
Accuracy of work
Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment
Ability to be proactive in trouble shooting issues and research missing information
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with associates
High School Diploma, College level courses or equivalent work experience
Accounting or Bookkeeping a plus
Minimum 2 years of AR related experience, but not limited to Collections/Deductions
PC Literate, Excel, Word, Outlook
Must be well organized, accurate, and proficient in verbal and written skills
Excellent Communication Skills
Must be flexible
Able to work multitask, and work independent
Forward Resumes to email@example.com