Title Branch Manager
The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of the branch office, including operations, product sales, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives. Develops new deposit and loan business, provides a superior level of customer service and promotes the service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation. Provides leadership, training and supervision. Oversees the branch teller and FSR functions, and customer service duties. Must also be familiar with IRA services and banking products and services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for growing customer base; consumer and business relationships through internal and external marketing programs. Develop and grow business and consumer relationships.
- Supervise the day to day operational functions of the branch
- Approve customer and bank transactions within authority limits.
- Perform pre-audits to identify & mitigate operational risk and to ensure ongoing adherence with compliance procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about all deposit, business, and consumer loan products.
- Maintain proper teller and vault cash levels including ordering coin and currency.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the facility. Ensure that all security procedures are strictly followed, branch is operationally sound, and satisfactory audits are achieved.
- Collaborate in the hiring, training and retention of staff.
- Supervise, coach, and develop staff regarding service expectations, policies, procedures, products, systems and banking transactions.
- Facilitate regular employee meetings to discuss goals, disseminate company information, discuss operational issues, etc.
- Prepare teller and FSR performance appraisals and disciplinary notices as needed.
- Maintain staff schedules to provide adequate coverage at all times.
- Maintain good public relations with customers and the community. Assume community leadership and service responsibilities with focus on Community Reinvestment Act.
- Greeting customers, directing them to the appropriate area of the branch and ensuring customer needs are met.
- Managing difficult situations with customers and providing them with a resolution, information or additional options. Ensure that quick and proper response to all reasonable customer requests.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained. Our people make the difference, and we put relationships first.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Be well organized and pay close attention to details.
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex customer and employee issues.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills required to manage, motivate, and develop branch employees required.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Proven success in customer service and in the development of strong customer relationships.
- Knowledge of all types of banking services, including consumer, business lending, and credit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and high degree of accuracy.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Competence with computers, telephones, 10-key calculator and other office machinery.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
College Degree Preferred.
Great Business Development / Sales Skills
Five plus years business services experience required with knowledge in banking and branch operations preferred.
Prior managerial experience
forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org