Essential Job Function:
- The ability to develop (not modify), test, and commission Allen Bradley PLC (ControlLogix and/or PLC-5) control system applications using RSLogix. Recent experience is a must. Higher level skills that are required include analog data handling, data exchanges, batch sequencing (S88), recipe handling, etc.
- The ability to develop (not modify), test, and commission SCADA (iFix and/or Wonderware) control system applications. Recent experience is a must. Higher level skills that are required include scripting, security configuration, recipe configuration, database interfacing, report configuration, etc.
- Travel up to 25% to customer sites to perform commissioning, customer training, validation support, warrantee support, and service support for equipment and control systems.
- The ability to specify, purchase, and troubleshoot control system hardware and instrumentation. This would include field mounted and panel mounted instruments.
- The ability to read, understand, and develop control system design documents. This would include diagrams/drawings (P&ID, control system schematics, wiring drawings, pneumatic/hydraulic drawings, etc.) and written design specifications (Functional Specifications, User’s Manual, Sequence of Operations).
- Must be aware of cGMP’s procedures and practices and the implication on control system development and modifications.
- Must have good troubleshooting skills.
- Prior experience in validation is desirable.
- Must be willing and be capable to climb ladders and to enter restrictive spaces.
- Must have an understanding of computer operation and configuration.
- Minimum of a four year degree in engineering, engineering technology, and 3 to more years of related experience.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license.
- Confined space entry training is required for potential entry into confined spaces within supplied equipment.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Development and customization of PLC application code using Rockwell RSLogix software using Rockwell SLC-500, ControlLogix, and PLC-5 series PLCs.
- Development and customization of SCADA application code using using WonderWare, Intellution, and/or Rockwell SCADA software.
- Development and configuration of PC based relational databases, SQL data transfer, and database reporting tools.
- Review and approve control system design drawings. This includes diagrams/drawings (P&ID, control system schematics, wiring drawings, pneumatic/hydraulic drawings, etc.). Provide technical support to the CAD group when appropriate.
- Develop control system design specifications. This includes Functional Specifications, User’s Manual, Sequence of Operations, Detailed Design Specifications, etc.
- Develop proficiency in the understanding and application of Process Automation departmental standards (software, hardware, documentation, etc.). These standards are to be followed in development of the control systems.
- Development and execution of software test protocols.
- Development and customization of simulation code for use during software testing.
- Specify and purchase control system hardware and instrumentation.
- Work as an integral member of a project team.
- Interface with the equipment manufacturing companies and internal departments to obtain a complete understanding of the equipment and control system scope of supply, project schedule, customer specifications, and project budget.
- Develop the control system in accordance with the project schedule and budget.
- Effectively communicate project delays, scope changes, customer relationship issues, technical deficiencies, etc. to the project team and to management.
- Provide commissioning services, customer training, validation support, warrantee support, and service support for equipment and control systems.
- Prepare documents of field visits in a timely and professional manner. This will include commissioning reports, field service reports, daily labor logs, invoices, and expense reports.
- Remain current with emerging industry standards and products. Keep abreast of latest trends in software, instrumentation, and control system hardware.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance positive interpersonal relationships with staff members of the Group worldwide.
- Ensure and RDG customers receive high quality automation solutions and support.
- Provide support to Sales Department. This support will include pre-sales support and visits, supplying technical information, reviewing bid specifications, and/or preparing quotations and pricing information.
- Inspect, test, and release control panels that are manufactured by outside vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Forward resumes to: email@example.com