Job Title: Product Manager
Department: Product Management and Marketing
A. Job Description Objective:
Product manager will have overall responsibility for commercial success of the product. The Product Manager will be responsible for defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases. This position involves close interaction with development, testing, marketing, sales, professional services and key customers. A strong technical background and laboratory experience is required. Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators; writing market requirements documents, use cases, user requirements; performing exploratory testing; reviewing overall test coverage; and monitoring the implementation of each product project.
B. Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/ responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Rank of Importance % Allocation Description
1 50% • Conduct technology assessments
• Analyze the competitive landscape
• Maintain the product portfolio roadmap
• Monitor and incorporate industry innovations
• Define user personas for individual products
• Write product requirements and use cases
• Create web content and presentations
2 30% • Maintain a status dashboard for all portfolio products
• Work with developers and testers to help them understand the requirements
3 20% • Monitor test cases to ensure adequate coverage of the functionality described in the requirements
• Bug reporting (specifically exploratory testing)
Responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
C. Job Qualifications Necessary
• A Bachelors or Masters degree
• At least 5 years of product management, development or consulting experience
• Experience in laboratories (Laboratory Analysts/ Lab Managers) or Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
• Laboratory domain experience including laboratory process definition, execution, and analysis of laboratory results
• Must possess strong technical documentation and organization skills.
• Experience in creating use cases by following best practices in the industry
• Strong Analytic and Problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of personal accountability and “self-starter” attitude in order to make progress in ambiguous situations on schedule
Resumes Forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org