Product Manager Cloud Tech
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for driving the product strategy as well as defining and implementing the go to market plans, business integration and lifecycle management of new and existing products and services. This individual will serve in a dual capacity of product management and product marketing. The position requires management of the complete product experience; leading all aspects of the product’s journey – from defining product strategy, positioning, competitive analysis, and differentiation, to driving product and service requirements, market launches, and pricing.
This individual needs to have proven experience in cloud computing, hosting, or related technology services, and will serve as the technical marketing expert and resource on all products and services.
This individual will work closely with Engineering, IT, Sales, Marketing and Account Management teams in cross-functional alignment.
The Product Manager must be a strategic thinker, problem solver, and a creative business marketer who is respected, helpful and resourceful. The ideal candidate will have proven ability to multi-task several projects, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment in close alignment with the marketing team as well as cross-functional teams and external organizations. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Manage complete product life cycle from strategy to tactical; owning product roadmap, product feature set, product marketing programs, and product communication.
- Lead product launches and new product introductions based on market-driven product data and competitive intelligence.
- Develop data-driven product positioning, pricing, value propositions, content creation, and messaging that reflects target markets and target personas
- Work cross-functionally with engineering to launch new products and product releases; overseeing product process from conception to release.
- Manage market-driven product requirements process; working in collaboration with key stakeholders to prioritize and validate technology, features, product strategy and direction.
- Identify user needs using market research, customer feedback, user interaction and competitive intelligence.
- Acquire deep knowledge of the cloud computing landscape and identify key areas of competitive differentiation.
- Provide product expertise and competitive intelligence on sales opportunities.
- Keep current with market and industry intelligence, product innovations, and emerging digital and social trends, and share these with team.
- Other duties as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Product Management role for an enterprise level company or large scale cloud service provider. SaaS/IaaS or cloud product management preferred.
- Domain knowledge and first-hand experience in hosting, cloud, and infrastructure technology with ability to assess opportunities; develop insightful recommendations and work cross-functionally to drive business development.
- Demonstrated success working with engineering, marketing, and IT to develop and launch new products and services.
- Ability to translate technical, complex requirements into simple, actionable terms.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills; articulate.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment with flawless execution; working collaboratively with cross-functional, cross-cultural teams.
- Strong analytical skills, with keen approach to problem-solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, computer science, engineering, or related field required.