PURPOSE: The Director of Information Technology’s primary responsibility is to oversee the streamlined operation of the IT department and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization. This individual manages both the infrastructure and development environments.
The Director of IT plans, coordinates, directs, and designs all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provides direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The Director of IT works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
DUTIES: Under general supervision
• Perform network design and capacity planning.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
• Establish service level agreements with end users.
• Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
• Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
• Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
• Manage IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
• Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users.
• Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
• Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
• Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
• Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award.
• Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
• Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, training and development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
forward resumes to: email@example.com
IT Director , Nanuet NY, Full Benefit Package