Have a good Science Knowledge…Looking to Enter Scientific Sales? This is Your Opportunity! Wonderful Upside Potential, Great Benefit Package
Summary: Represents and sells company products and services; inclusive of all products where applicable.
• Required to meet company assigned sales objectives, inclusive of all products where applicable.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to solicit order.
• This includes on site visit to customers as applicable
• Maintains contact with customers by phone and/or e-mail when not on site.
• Displays or demonstrates product features and benefits, using all available and supported tools, and emphasizes salable features.
• Responsible to keep account activities and CRM up to date.
• Develops and maintains customer relationships with all pertinent account contacts.
• Sell Satellites to select market segments. This includes demonstrations of the instruments, if required, as well as the preparation of all financial and administrative documentation. Where applicable the Account Manager will sell Compacts.
• Work closely, and share information with, Sales Administration to ensure their ability to effectively handle the sequestering process for a designated percentage of “sequestering accounts” in the Account Manager territory.
• Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
• Generates, qualifies and develops lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
• Investigates and resolves customer issues.
• Demonstrates excellence in understanding and selling “focus” products, which translates into achieving sales goals.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
• Attends trade shows and demos products.
• Serves as a model of excellence in sequestering and inventory management.
• Prepares reports of business transactions and manages expenses within company guidelines.
• Should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Database software; Order processing systems. Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software experience required.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Related Scientific/Technical Knowledge.
• Ability to learn to calculate reagent & control requirements for annual usage. Create instrument acquisition options including cash purchase, Reagent Rental and Cost per Reportable.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Education & Requirements:
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from a four year college or university preferred; Medical technology degree or MT Certification preferred; 1 to 2 years related experience.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time.