Unique Four Day Work Week
- Excellent diagnostic abilities and problem solving skills
- A self starter – you take initiative and you follow through
- A solid understanding of server hardware, LAN networking and Linux services
- Virtualization experience is a must – we do a lot of cool cloud stuff
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients via phone and e-mail
- The ability to help people to solve complex technical problems while being courteous, professional, and determined
- The understanding that a client’s perception of the quality of service we provide IS the quality of service we provide
- The ability to work well with a team
- The inherent desire to fix things permanently
Desired Experience includes the following:
- Experience with RHEL 5/6 including its installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Familiarity with web services (Apache, Nginx, Tomcat), relational databases (MySQL, PostgresSQL, Oracle), e-mail servers (Qmail, Postfix), backups, system analysis and performance tuning.
- Shell scripting ability at a minimum, traditional programming language experience is a plus.
- A solid understanding of networking communication protocols, and familiarity with DNS, load balancers, VPNs, and firewalls.
- Experience with high availability environments such as database architectures using methods such as mirroring, replication or clusters (DRBD, RHCS).
- Knowledge of NAS and SAN technology; EMC experience a plus.
- VMware vSphere and Xen knowledge is helpful.
- Red Hat, LPIC, or VMware certifications.
Client service interaction is generally handled via telephone, occasional video conferencing, and through our ticketing system. Most of our clients are experienced developers who run sophisticated environments. The job does not involve helping people open Word documents or locate the Start button.
This is not an entry level position; you’ll need to demonstrate skills that that allow you to troubleshoot advanced system problems quickly and efficiently. The Linux Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for run-time maintenance, helping our clients through times of difficulty with their networked, cloud-based environments. Opportunities also exist to work on projects – both internal and client facing – such as migrations, product and environment design.
Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) plan with a generous company match, department and individual training budgets, bottomless coffee, cappuccino, and snacks, company provided lunch EVERY Wednesday, and bagels EVERY Friday! We are an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace cultural diversity.
forward resumes to: email@example.com