Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Technical Medical Staffing since 1980
Technical Support Specialist-Med Tech
- Locations Tennessee
Job Details Description
Summary: The Technical Support specialist is responsible for providing the highest level of support and service to our customers for the complete line of products (instruments, reagents and digital products) within a specified territory, but not limited to that territory. Provides support to Sales as requested to assist in the Pre- and Post-Sale activities to maintain customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates the highest level of product knowledge to support both internal and external customers.
- Completes method verification for all instrument purchase orders to ensure the system(s) are brought live in an efficient time period to meet the customer’s expectations. This includes all the products, instruments, reagents and digital products.
- Completes lot conversions as requested and verified by contract commitments for new reagents in an efficient time period to meet the customer’s expectation. This can be on site or remote with a focus for the customer to use the middleware Accreditation tools.
- Works within the team to solve problems for internal and external customers including but not limited to: instruments, reagents and digital products as needed following escalation SOP.
- Provides support to Sales when performing live lectures, demonstrations or evaluations to ensure that is positioned to best meet the customer expectations to win the new contract or renew the existing one as requested.
- Utilizes materials provided on Prolifiq or as provided by Marketing for all product lines as well as competitors. Messaging will be consistent to drive the brand. There is no developing your own PowerPoints, if you feel there is a need for something missing send to Director TSG.
- Maintains contact with the customers within assigned territory on a regular basis, but ensure that any travel to another territory the follow up is efficiently transitioned to the local teams. Utilizing CRM to record all customer activities in real time so that reports can be pulled at month end.
- Maintain CRM data so it is current, contacts should be reviewed each time you go into the account. Any changes to account name, address or instrumentation you must complete the proper paperwork and submit to Sales Admin.
- Provide to customers only the most current CLSI SOPs as developed by Training.
- Performs customer on-site evaluations/demonstrations/lectures as requested.
- Furnishes leads to the Sales Team upon technical calls and interactions with existing client base to expand current testing menu or upgrade instruments.
- Supplies appropriate telephone support.
- Works on special projects as assigned by management.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from four-year college or university or equivalent required. MT(ASCP) Certification or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a medical technologist with coag exposure; prefer experience with products
- Current driver’s license is mandatory.
- More than 80% travel based on territory and company needs, including overnight stays and air travel.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be familiar with Excel and Windows Office Suite Applications.
- Ability to write and deliver effective and persuasive technical and non-technical presentations to senior management, sales and service staffs, and customer representatives.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, bias, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply clinical knowledge to data analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions. Ability to deal with non verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
- Ability to travel: More than 80% travel based on territory and company needs, including overnight stays and air travel
This job requires the individual to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent a legally required accommodation, as required by Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.