Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Technical Staffing since 1980
Looking to be inspired and have fun working in a technical dynamic OEM environment servicing technically sophisticated clients nationwide ….. well if you have the below skills submit your updated resume and we will schedule a time to discuss.
Technical Support Engineer
Qualifications and Knowledge
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Telecommunications and/or 3 years equivalent level of relevant technical
• Strong grasp of computer architecture and server hardware
• Proficient in TCP/IP network design, switching, configuration and
• Working knowledge of Linux (Debian or similar) and Windows operating
systems at the system administrator level.
• VoIP protocols, including but not limited to H.323, SIP, SCCP (SKINNY),
• Configuration or administrative exposure to at least one commercially
available VoIP phone system (e.g. Cisco Call Manager, ShoreTel, etc.)
• Exposure and working knowledge of some but not all traditional
telecommunications technologies, such as analog telephones and trunks,
T1 & E1, ISDN-PRI.
• Knowledge of trunked radio systems and RoIP is a plus, but not required.
• Available to travel up from 5-25% depending on demand
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Self-motivated & able to work in a professional environment with limited
• Customer orientation with an ability and willingness to work directly with
customers on the resolution of complex technical issues
• Have an analytical mind which can apply troubleshooting skills
systemically and methodically to identify the root cause and resolve problems
• Passionate about technology, eager and quick to learn
• Proactive by nature with a positive attitude, work well in a team setting.
Client is OEM providing high-reliability IP-based audio and video
recording solutions to high-demand customers and agencies (including
9-1-1 Centers, State Police, the US Military, and Air Traffic Control
They are seeking support engineers who thrive and achieve in
high-demand situations, and who seek to continually expand their
The core responsibilities of the position are customer-facing technical
services and support. A significant portion of each day will be spent
communicating with customers via phone, e-mail, chat or in-person.
• Facilitate and/or drive issue resolution through hands-on technical
interactions and leadership
• Interact directly with customers and dealers responding to
technical information requests & problem reports related to the Eventide
hardware & software products
• Troubleshooting and resolving problems directly or working with
engineering and production to resolve hardware problems
• Provide assistance to customers in the proper provisioning, configuration
& installation of Eventide hardware & software
• Provide an On-Call and After-Hour support assistance to
dealers / customers.
• Record & document customer communications via the issue tracking
systems and product defect tracking systems
• Develop training, documentation (technical notes) and build evaluation
• Develop and deliver training both in house and on site to existing and
• Ownership of personal career development through self-directed
exploration of available reference materials, and through seeking coaching
and mentoring from management and other senior members of the
Forward Resume to: jobs@Jobsbl.com