Website Berman Larson Kane
Best IT Staffing since 1980
The Systems Administrator is a hands on position responsible for all aspects of managing and supporting IT infrastructure.. This role will be the primary technical resource to identify, own, and scale our IT infrastructures and systems. The Systems Administrator must have solid experience in servers, storage, network, and telecommunication as well as applications and systems that directly support the end user computing environment. The Systems Administrator is responsible for technology research, procurement, deployment and configurations of new systems.
Reporting to the Chairman this position will also work closely with all departments Globally and External IT Consultants.
- Lead desktop support efforts, ensuring all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Maintain server, firewall, and network security
- Enforce policies and security procedures
- Keep current with the latest technologies and best practices with regard to IT support operations.
- Manage outsourced IT consultants, including consulting with them on complex projects.
- Review, manage and negotiate with existing and new hardware, software and equipment vendors
- Procure, set up, configuration and decommissioning of all desktop & laptop computers for new and existing employee
- Troubleshoot and resolve local hardware and software issues and questions by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Provide technical set-up for conferences, board meetings, promotional points in front of house
- Provide Audio/Visual support for media (projections, video screens) for events and programs as needed
- Maintain IT inventory
- Maintain desktop patches, antivirus updates, white list, block list
- Support field force remote access from laptops, iOS and Android based devices
- Provide after hours on-call support as needed
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in information technology field with hands on experience in installing, supporting end-users and maintaining infrastructure related hardware, software and processes in a networked Windows environment, with a few Mac devices and remote users on iOS and Android devices
- Thorough knowledge of desktop systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols. Focus on Outlook and MS Office.
- Networking knowledge and experience (+ CCNA level)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and granting access to shared mailboxes and/or shared folders in Outlook as well as knowledge of managing shared calendars
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and administering user accounts, permissions and roles via AD.
- Wireless access point management and configuration
- Technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently, within a team or with a vendor
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to subcontractors
- Able to work evenings and weekends when needed, to be on call for emergencies, to have back up contingency plans in place, supporting the spirit of “the show must go on.”
Forward Resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org