Summary: The Scientific Engagement and Clinical Education Associate – Hematology (SNA), is responsible for implementing and driving an integrated, non-promotional strategy to establish and expand hematology expertise in North America. Additional duties will be to create opportunities for scientific engagement by developing a network of hematology key opinion leaders, initiating clinical training programs for staff and customers, participating in investigator-initiated studies, reviewing and writing publication content, leading white paper development, and by participating in and presenting at advisory boards, investigator meetings, congresses and scientific organization meetings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements an effective strategy to drive integrated, non-promotional scientific leadership for hematology-related scientific engagements and educational programs to establish and expand hematology expertise in North America.
- Drives scientific leadership with literature-based support of customer requests related to Stago products and new or potential applications (e.g. hospital pharmacists, pathologists, hematologists, lab managers, etc.).
- Creates opportunities for scientific engagement by developing a network of hematology key opinion leaders, initiating clinical training programs for staff and customers, participating in investigator-initiated studies, reviewing and writing publication content, leading white paper development, and by participating in and presenting at advisory boards, investigator meetings, congresses and scientific organization meetings.
- Writes and delivers live educational presentations to hospital pharmacists, nurses, doctors, lab techs, staff and at congresses and professional organization meetings.
- Ensures scientific leadership and provides on-going support and clinical guidance to the sales, marketing, technical support and training teams as well as ensures regulatory compliance and implementation of industry best practices for scientific leadership development.
- Assists customers with investigator-sponsored studies and develops abstracts and publications (peer-reviewed or non-peer reviewed).
- Maintains a current literature library focused on hematology covering clinical, laboratory, compliance and applied sciences that would be relevant to strategy, product development and development of hematology leadership.
- Builds local and international, interdepartmental networks that encourage knowledge sharing to expedite knowledge transfer and building of SNA hematology expertise.
- Represents Stago North America for hematology on interdepartmental and/or international teams where scientific leadership, clinical application, and technology/business development projects are undertaken.
- Develops and maintains an expert level of knowledge of the Stago hematology line of products including operation, application, placement, business goals and strategy.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of hemostasis and the Stago line of products for hemostasis and general understanding of business goals and strategy.
- Provides expertise in support of activities related to clinical development, publications, press releases, social media presence and educational tool creation.
- Assists in development and prioritization of scientific activities as they relate to achievement of near or long term corporate goals.
Education & Requirements:
- MS required in a medical or pharma related discipline. MD or PHD strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical and laboratory applications focused on hematology, familiarity with United States Food and Drug Administration compliance required.
- Knowledge of laboratory compliance requirements (CAP/CLIA), is preferred.
- Up to 40% travel required, ability to travel internationally. Driver’s license required.
- Minimum of 5 peer-reviewed full length publications and/or conference abstracts from prior academic or commercial work. Will consider “ghostwritten” publications if delivered within a prior full time medical writing related position.
- Proven strategic, statistical, analytical, organizational and planning skills. Strong track record in implementing effective strategies for driving change.
- Facilitation skills for bridging between scientific and business, and for managing effective international and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Proven self-starter with experience in building capabilities based on defined business needs and functions.
- Medical writing and/or consulting experience is a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Notes, and Outlook.
- Advanced proficiency with scientific graphing and statistical analysis programs (e.g. SigmaPlot, Matlab, KaleidaGraph, Graphpad, Origin, etc.)
- Working proficiency with Adobe Acrobat ProProficiency with producing content for professional social media
Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
forward resume to: Jobs@jobsbl.com