Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Technical Staffing since 1980
JOB TITLE: SAS PROGRAMMER
Provide analytical reports as requested to support the business needs of the Actuarial Services Division. In addition, support all issues or upgrades to the proprietary financial call system.
- Within a metadata structure (oracle tables/database), map appropriate data sources to produce required analytical reports (create SAS data sets).
- Scrutinize all data sets to ensure accuracy, validity and data integrity.
- Meet with Chief Actuary to obtain and document all business requirements for analytical reports.
- Create standard reports that can be executed by members of the Actuarial Division.
- Stay current on SAS programming techniques, and attend SAS seminars and classes.
- Document all SAS/SQL mapping to ensure a repeatable process that reduces development time and maintains data integrity and quality (SAS templates).
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed to address changing business needs for any Bureau division.
- Maintain, update and create new Data Marts as needed.
- Primary responsibility for any upgrades, support issues for the Bureau’s proprietary financial call system.
- Work with the Actuarial and Divisions in the design, development and support of the Medical and Indemnity Data Calls.
- Provide Level 2 End User support as needed.
- Perform other duties as required by the Director.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers; (b) perform work activities requiring speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to work requests of and constructive criticism of superiors.
- The responsibilities associated with this job may change in accordance with business needs. The employee may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
College Degree in computer science, programming or mathematics required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with SAS programming and Server Query Language (SQL) required.
- Property & Casualty Insurance experience preferred.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Problem solver and the ability to communicate results verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
Forward Resume: email@example.com