Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Technical Staffing Since 1980
Network Security Administrator
Maintain network environment by identifying network security requirements, monitoring intrusion detection, ensuring virus/malware protection, installing updates/upgrades and monitoring network performance.
- Establish network specifications by analyzing security requirements and network utilization by office and field staff.
- On a daily basis, perform security “sweeps” of the infrastructure utilizing “Webroot Secure Anywhere Console” to identify and remove virus and malware. Install necessary firmware and virus definitions to ensure up-to-date protection.
- On a daily basis, review the logs of multiple SonicWALL firewalls to check for spam ware and malware attacks. Perform necessary updates to ensure that firewalls are protected.
- On a daily basis, monitor Symantec Endpoint Protection to identify intrusion attempts and assess the health of all servers. Perform necessary updates to ensure that firmware are protected.
- On a monthly basis, perform penetration tests of the Bureau network utilizing Nessus Security software to identify any holes in the Bureau network, and thereafter make corrections, changes and/or updates.
- Keep current on network security protocols through training classes, appropriate publications and security resources.
- Secure the network by working with the Director of TOS in developing network access protocols, including password expiration procedures, installing security monitoring software, maintaining network firewalls and other solutions as needed.
- Work with the Director of TOS to develop, update and present educational material and protocols to Bureau employees on matters concerning network/email security.
- Assist network staff in the setup and installation of network and PC hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot end-user issues as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed by Director.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers; (b) perform work activities requiring speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to work requests of and constructive criticism of superiors.
- The responsibilities associated with this job may change in accordance with business needs. The employee may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
NETWORK SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or technical certification in security-related technology required. Bachelor’s Degree in security-related technology strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of network configurations and network security protocols.
- Ability to install and configure security hardware and software.
- Minimum two years’ experience utilizing Symatec Endpoint protection software, Nessus Network Security and Webroot preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience administering SonicWALL firewalls preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to physically move, handle, and lift computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Forward Resumes : firstname.lastname@example.org