Website Berman Larson Kane
Best FSE Staffing since 1980
Field Support Engineer
Location: Richmond, VA
Summary: Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing/maintaining instrumentation, investigating and resolving customer reports of problems with instruments, to drive customer satisfaction and minimize future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides Curative/Emergency Service, Preventive Maintenance, Updates (TBs), at customer’s facility
- Installs instruments at customer’s facility, sales demos, product shows, etc, to ensure full functionality according to client specifications.
- Provides onsite and remote support to all Digital Products. Includes installation and initial configuration various Middleware/Instrumentation configurations.
- Develop Digital Product knowledge and understanding in order to aid/support Digital Product Sales and Marketing initiatives and strategies
- Documents and records information to be included in the repair records in accordance with SOPs and regulatory agencies.
- Analyzes, reviews and inspects findings to determine source of problem via telephone and/or on-site. Performs trouble shooting to repair, replace necessary parts, or other corrective action to ensure optimal operation on analyzers per SOP.
- Coordinates problem resolution within Field Support Group and other personnel to expedite repair. Minimize down time and drive Customer Satisfaction.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Demonstrate proper operations to end users.
- Responsible for effective management of company resources and equipment such as parts, tools, trunk stock, etc.
- Escalate all open or reoccurring issues in a timely manner for prompt resolution per SOP.
- Review regional service contract metrics in order to drive customer contract renewal growth among primary accounts.
- Special projects/tasks as assigned by RFSM.
- Drive high level customer satisfaction through the successful completion of field service related duties and responsibilities.
- Provides technical assistance/ troubleshooting as required.
- Supports Sales, technical support and Marketing departments to foster teamwork and synergy.
Education & Requirements:
- High school or GED required Associates Degree or Certificate from Technical/Military School a plus. Bachelors from 4 year college or university preferred.
- 3 years related experience troubleshooting and repairing diagnostic equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel outside of designated territory, if needed. Up to 75% overnight travel may be required depending on territory. Occasional weekend/holiday on-call coverage for the region. Ability to travel by common air carrier, or rental car as needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database and Internet software; Windows NT, XP and DOS.
This job requires the individual to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19