Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Medical Staffing since 1980
Field Support Engineer
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Description Summary: Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing/maintaining instrumentation, investigating and resolving customer reports of problems with instruments, to drive customer satisfaction and minimize future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides Curative/Emergency Service, Preventive Maintenance, Updates (TSBs), at customer’s facility
• Installs instruments at customer’s facility, sales demos, product shows, etc, to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Documents and records information to be included in the repair records in accordance with SOPs and regulatory agencies.
• Analyzes, reviews and inspects findings to determine source of problem via telephone and/or on-site. Performs trouble shooting to repair, replace necessary parts, or other corrective action to ensure optimal operation on analyzers per SOP.
• Demonstrate proper operations to end users.
• Coordinates problem resolution within Field Support Group and other personnel to expedite repair. Minimize down time and drive Customer Satisfaction.
• Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
• Responsible for effective management of company resources and equipment such as parts, tools, trunk stock, etc.
• Special projects/tasks as assigned by RSM.
• Escalate all open or reoccurring issues in a timely manner for prompt resolution per SOP.
• Provides application assistance/ troubleshooting as required.
• Conducts basic on-site in service training of proper operation of company instrumentation.
• Supports Sales, technical support and Marketing departments to foster teamwork and synergy.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database and Internet software; Windows NT, XP and DOS.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports an d correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of this organization.
Education & Requirements:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with minimum 3 years related experience troubleshooting and repairing diagnostic equipment with field experience required, or Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or a certificate from a Technical/Military School in a related field. Bachelor’s degree in related field from four-year college or university preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Ability to travel outside of designated territory, if needed. Up to 75% overnight travel may be required depending on territory. Occasional weekend/holiday on-call coverage for the region.
• Ability to travel by common air carrier, or rental car as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Full Benefit Package including 100% family medical coverage …
Forward resume to Jobs@jobsbl.com