Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Staffing Options since 1980
Senior Project Manager Electrical Engineer
Challenging opportunity to contribute to future success by joining our Engineering team. As an innovative engineer, you will research and develop new electro-mechanical products to secure our reputation as a leader in providing valve reliability in the most challenging of environments and markets. You have a BSEE and 5-10 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment. You thrive in a collaborative setting where team dynamics produce the best of solutions. You are a self-starter and are always looking for the solution that will best meet the needs of our customers. You value our commitment to continuous improvements, exemplary customer service and product customization, our 10-year warranty, and the importance we place on integrity and culture with all of our stakeholders.
- Project leadership includes test and development of electrical components for valves.
- Designing products to industry and agency (UL, CSA and European) standards.
- Preparing reports to document the results of design studies, trade studies, failure analyses, and test programs.
- As needed, prepare prototype assemblies, and perform tests.
- Evaluating field problems and recommend design enhancements.
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing and troubleshooting production problems.
- Work with other departments to coordinate design and engineering documentation releases.
- Manage projects and be responsible for project schedules and ensuring deadlines are always met.
- Explore new avenues to expedite time to market and improve the New Product Development process.
- Working with suppliers to address any issues and/or reviewing new products. Also reviewing and approving production samples supplied to Engineering.
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
5-10 years of experience in designing and developing electromagnetic solenoids (for valves – a big plus).
Hands on experience in Electrical and Mechanical principles required.
Working knowledge of CAD systems (Solidworks – big plus)
Working knowledge of Engineering simulation software. (EFD-flow, ANSYS/Maxwell – big plus)
Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities.
Familiar with North American or European industry standards (i.e., UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx, etc.)
Helpful Skills and Experience:
Familiar and capable of preparing FMEDA reports associated with Functional Safety directive(s).
Coordinating activities related to ISO documentations such as FMEA, SWOT, etc.