Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Staffing Options since 1980
JOB DESCRIPTION: Director of Sales
Reports to: President & Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: 15
Location: Elizabeth , NJ
GENERAL DESCRIPTION – POSITION OVERVIEW
The Director of Sales has primary responsibility for the profitable growth of sales revenue for Company, L.L.C. (the “Company”). Efforts are focused on meeting the Company’s sales and gross margin targets, increasing annual sales revenues, increasing market share, identifying new market opportunities, lines of business, and customers, developing sales methodologies, and mentoring and developing sales staff. The position requires collaboration and coordination with the Company’s other departments and relevant staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes sales targets and implement sales strategies to ensure that the Company meets key financial goals.
- Monitors customer, market, and competitor activity to determine new strategies and opportunities for sales growth.
- Identifies and implements strategies to increase the Company’s profitable market share.
- Identifies and implements strategies to obtain new markets, lines of business, and customers.
- Ensures the maintenance and retention of existing Company customers.
- Works with vendors to meet customer goals; strategizes to develop new vendor relationships.
- Develops sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and implement improvements to sales processes.
- Develops and mentors sales staff to meet sales targets and achieve professional goals.
- Develops and implements sales training programs for sales staff.
- Analyzes product information and specifications for existing and new products to develop competitive sales position.
- Lead regularly scheduled Sales/Operations meetings to review Opportunities and Developmental Projects with core project team and identify next action steps and decisions required by Senior Management for projects to progress.
- Act as an ambassador for company culture and a core value champion within the organization.
- Develop strategies to achieve company’s vision.
- Participate in cross-department operational team meeting and leadership training events.
- Other duties as assigned.
forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org