Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Staffing Options since 1980
JOB TITLE: DATA CONTROL ANALYST
Use Your customer service, organizational, analytical skills to assist the actuarial department with the below skills and enjoy a wonderful benefit package in this secure work environment.
LOCATION: This position is currently hybrid, with work to be performed at home and in the office (Newark, NJ) . In addition, the employee must comply with the COVID-19 vaccination/test policy.
Perform various functions related to unit statistical reports, as well as other unit statistical-related activities in sufficient quantity and to specified quality according to established standards.
- Assure receipt of unit statistical reports and policy data where required.
- Reconcile USR data with Policy data.
- Analyze carrier data for discrepancies and identify errors related to internal or external unit statistical reports in order to address and resolve the issue(s).
- Effectively navigate multiple IT systems (Spectrum, Manage Data and other applications) to analyze and address stakeholder’s inquiries.
- Execute all types of USR maintenance and update procedures.
- Provide superior customer service to all business stakeholders.
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries or requests.
- Interpret, communicate and/or explain Manual rules and WCSTAT specifications to member carriers.
- Maintain records of all Bureau and carrier communications.
- Analyze and communicate to insurance companies all test results of electronic file submissions (via CDX and SFTP reporting) until carrier is approved to submit production files.
- Follow up on all outstanding edit errors with a carrier until all issues are resolved.
- Create, manage and merge documents and files, and prepare reports as required.
- Review monthly generated reports, and convey the necessary report lists and data quality report lists.
- Assist colleagues in all facets within the work environment.
- Submit weekly progress reports to Supervisor, Manager or Director.
GED, High School Diploma or higher.
- Minimum 2 years of customer service or office experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical ability and skills required in gathering and summarizing data, finding solutions to problems, and prioritizing work.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and persons outside the organization.
- Clerical accuracy and procedural thoroughness.
- Consistent performance and dependability.
- Individual must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to respond appropriately to evaluation from supervisor, manager or director.