Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Staffing since 1980
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The following duties are performed as primary and/or secondary functions.
- Acts as a vital part in the company’s financial management which includes all account reconciliations and preparing reporting package on monthly/quarterly/year-end basis.
- Supports accounting activities including month-end close, posting journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and reporting.
- Supports financial close process and assist in the preparation of various reporting packs including intercompany reconciliation and corporate consolidation packs.
- Manages fixed assets schedule including projection of fixed asset purchase and disposal. Proper record keeping and analysis and internal controls over fixed asset including lease instruments.
- Performs reporting and analysis of inventory, cost of goods sold and margin analysis. Supports annual physical inventory count and monitoring of cycle count results. Analyze and explains variances to management. Assist in monitoring inventory obsolescence provisions for budget and forecasts, setting standard costs factors, monitoring inventory turnover and other metrics.
- Assists in analyzing manufacturing operations costs, allocation of costs, variance analysis and inventory valuation. Maintains proper set up and controls regarding product costing including bill of materials, labor and overhead standard costs
- Supports preparation and analysis of performance metrics, including daily/weekly/monthly tracking of production performance. Explains manufacturing variance and income statement variances, provide decision support.
- Performs account analysis to provide insightful understanding of financial results vs targets, including margin analysis by product line.
- Supports implementation of internal controls and process improvements across accounting and finance operations.
- Assists in preparation of documentation of reconciliation procedures and any new accounting policy implementation.
- Applies critical thinking, identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies and suggests appropriate corrective procedures.
- Assists in ensuring proper compliances with respective state and federal authority for sales, use and property taxes.
- Prepares process documentation and work instructions.
- Participates or leads implementation of finance-related technology projects and process improvement initiatives.
Education & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required with 5+ years of experience required, some of which includes previous manufacturing or distribution accounting.
- Excel (advanced proficiency – pivot tables, VLookup and macros), Access, Business Objects, manufacturing ERP application.
- Expert knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS
- CPA a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities