Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Accounting Staffing since 1980
Responsible for the overall management of the Finance Department, including recommendations about internal financial controls and the execution of all finance-related transactions.
- Perform all tasks associated with the general ledger, including preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end closing entries.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately.
- Prepare payroll; maintain required payroll records, including payroll tax returns on a quarterly and annual basis; and distribute W-2 forms.
- Prepare financial statements and reports.
- Confirm time-and-attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Keep up to date with payroll, benefit, and tax laws and best practices.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting as necessary.
- Prepare, record and maintain accounts receivable and cash receipts.
- Compile accounting records for and oversee fiscal year-end financial audit.
- Compile data for, and verify the accuracy of, Bureau’s workers’ compensation audit.
- Oversee accounts payable functions and handle accounts payable processing as necessary.
- Oversee and assist with 1099 filings.
- Maintain Bureau’s bank accounts including CD renewals and handling of bank transactions.
- Process quarterly assessment invoices and maintain related records, including the annual assessment adjustment.
- Maintain appropriate records for budget purposes.
- Prepare and maintain financial records and oversee the administration of all employee benefit programs.
- Work with outside accounting firm to ensure accurate and timely bank reconciliations and agreed-upon procedures.
- Communicate regularly with Chief Actuary, and as needed with Executive Director, on Finance Department related matters.
- Supervise and work collaboratively with the Finance Administrator.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers; (b) perform work activities requiring speaking with others; and (c) respond appropriately to work requests of and constructive criticism of superiors.
- The responsibilities associated with this job may change in accordance with business needs. The employee may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting plus 10 years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional certification and American Payroll Association membership a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong work ethic; attention to detail; and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced knowledge of, and high degree of proficiency with payroll, accounting, Office, and Adobe software.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
Forward Resume to email@example.com