TITLE Manager, Environment, Health and Safety
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Will handle all day to day aspects of the company’s Health, Safety, Environmental programs
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ongoing responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Driving a safety oriented culture in conjunction with the safety committee
- Develop and implement corporate safety standards including development of a strategic plan to obtain management and employee commitment to safe operations.
- Write and distribute all safety communications, including a safety manual, orientation programs.
- Create and implement safety training modules. Establish procedures for safety training, emergency preparedness and evacuation plan and fire prevention.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA ergonomic standard. Participate in training employees and management.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Responsible for EPA compliance to include obtaining and maintaining all environment permits and auditing the plant facility.
- Establishing and maintaining written Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) programs.
- Acts as advisor to environmental, health, and safety requirements related to any capital projects for Scientific Design.
- Conduct safety and environmental audits.
- Advise management on local, national and international laws regulating
Comply with federal, state and local reporting requirements.
Minimum of five years experience in an EHS or related function
Experience in Chemical industry is strongly preferred.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Basic computer skills.
forward resumes to: email@example.com