Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Staffing Options NY NJ
Located in Northern NJ our client offers a full benefit package, a wonderful friendly working environment, an opportunity to learn and a excellent salary based on experience.
Specialist Accountant – GL Reporting
- Prepare quarterly reporting and provide related analyses management in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform monthly and quarterly accounting responsibilities for assigned legal entities including but not limited to journal entries, bank and account reconciliations, and analyses while ensuring compliance with SOX controls
- Lead in reconciling bank activity posted to general ledger via Treasury interface in addition to assisting Treasury, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Controlling with bank activity.
- Assist in integration of acquired companies into general ledger and reporting.
- Prepare quarterly and annual surveys submitted to government for legal entities.
- Strive for continuous improvement through integration of action plan as a result of events and other process improvement initiatives.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the CFO’s attention
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Delegate financial responsibilities to accounting team
- Coordinate semi-annual audits and assist CFO with conducting audits
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required (Master’s preferred)
5+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
Experience with computerized ledger systems
Advanced knowledge of Excel
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment