Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Medical Tech Staffing Options
Our Client a Major International Medical Manufacturer seek a Hotline Agent (night shift 7pm EST -7am EST) – Provides highest level of telephone support on instruments and reagents for Customers. Provides Technical telephone troubleshooting to customers for instrumentation and reagents.. Analyze, diagnose and provide troubleshooting direction for customers. Retrain customers on the telephone regarding operation, application, troubleshooting and maintenance.
Days of the week vary:
Long week – 5 Days (Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun)
Short week – 2 Days (Wed and Thursday)
Also, this position is completely remote working from home. The candidate can live anywhere in the US.
Description Summary: Provides highest level of telephone support on instruments and reagents for Customers. Hours 7pm to 7am.
- Provides Technical telephone troubleshooting to customers of for instrumentation and reagents manufactured by medical manufacturer .
- Analyze, diagnose and provide troubleshooting direction for customers.
- Retrain customers on the telephone regarding operation, application, troubleshooting and
- Responsible for all aspects of call dispatching and documentation.
- Determines need for FSE or TSS field intervention and dispatches when needed.
- Provides feedback to Hot line manager concerning any instrument or reagent open issues.
- Demonstrates high level of knowledge regarding all instruments and reagents provided by OEM.
- Escalates complex issues to the appropriate persons (as indicated in departmental SOPs).
- Consults with hot line staff to ascertain that instruments and reagents are functioning up to specification.
- Should have knowledge of Database and Internet software; Windows.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence describing technical issues.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Type 30 words per minute.
Education & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited four-year college or university,
- Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Technology/Engineering preferred; Minimum 3-5 years related experience, Hemostasis or field support experience preferred
- ASCP preferred.
- Up to 20% travel. Ability to travel domestic or internationally, if needed