Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Employment Options Since 1980
Field Service Engineer
Major International Medical Manufacturer seeks Field Service Engineer for Houston TX territory
Description Summary: Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing instrumentation, investigating and resolving customer reports of problems with instruments, and minimize future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
• Installs instruments at customer’s facility, sales demos, product shows, etc, to ensure full functionality according to client specifications.
• Analyzes, reviews, and inspects findings to determine source of problem, and performs troubleshooting, repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
• Documents and records information to be included in the repair records in accordance with company policies and regulatory agencies.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Timely completion of TSB’s and preventative maintenance procedures.
• Demonstrates proper operation to end users.
• Coordinates problem resolution within Field Support Group & other personnel to expedite repairs, including timely escalation.
• Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
• Responsible for effective management of company resources.
• Conducts basic on-site in-service training of proper operation of company instrumentation.
• Provides application assistance/troubleshooting as required. Supports Sales and Marketing departments.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
• Strong PC skills, including knowledge of database & internet software; Windows NT, XP and DOS
Education & Requirements:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required with minimum 3 years related experience troubleshooting and repairing diagnostic equipment with field experience required; or Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or a certificate from a Technical/Military School in a related field; Bachelor’s degree in related field from four-year college or university preferred.
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to travel outside of designated territory, if needed. Up to 50% overnight travel dependent upon territory. Occasional weekend/holiday on-call coverage for the region.
forward resumes to email@example.com