Website Berman Larson Kane
Best Accounting Staffing Options since 1980
Accounts Payable Manager , Bergen County ,
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the accounts payable department, ensuring proper record keeping, developing best practices and procedures, ensuring accurate and timely month-end close of accounts payable tasks and reports. This includes coordinating workflow, invoice processing, vendor payment and master data maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise end-to-end procure to pay process, including vendor set-up, PO and non-PO invoice processing, and cash disbursements.
- Supervise the accounts payable staff. Assign workload and provide developmental leadership on a daily basis to enhance the group’s performance and outcomes.
- Manage and lead the team to ensure timely processing of all invoices and vendor payments.
- Manage full cycle AP process from invoice receipt to payment.
- Monitor the vendor master file to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of data integrity.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies or assigned exceptions identified during the invoice reconciliation (IR) process.
- Ensure returned checks and voids are processed timely.
- Respond to internal and external inquires in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in monthly closings.
- Prepare annual 1099 filings in accordance with IRS reporting requirements.
- Preform other job-related duties as assigned.
- COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Effectively evaluate current processes for further development and implementation of new and improved procedures.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a related area as an individual contributor
- 3+ years in leading or supervisory experience in Accounts Payable
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word, including pivot tables and V Look-ups.
- Knowledge of SAP and Ariba a plus (Invoice Pro, Ariba Network, ECC and S4 A/P)
- Strong working knowledge of financial controls for Account Payable.
- Comprehensive understanding of purchase orders, receiving and 3 way match.
- Must have strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Great planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 5+ Years Full Cycle Accounts Payable experience in a fast-pace automated environment.
3+ years in leading or supervising an Accounts Payable team.
forward resumes to: Jobs@jobsbbl.com